“Let there now be no doubt or confusion on anyone’s part: For us, your bishops, our obligation to protect children and young people and to prevent sexual abuse flows from the mission and example given to us by Jesus Christ himself, in whose name we serve.” – From the Charter for Protection of Children and Young People, June 2005, USCCB
The Diocese of Gallup is committed to maintaning a safe enviroment for all who live and worship in our diocese. To ensure that all children and young people are protected throughout the diocese, the following requirements are in place:
– All who minister with minors (18 years and younger) must have a criminal background check.
– All who minister with minors must read and submit a signed acknowledgement of the Pastoral Code of Ethics.
– All who minister with minors must have or will have the juvenile sexual abuse training awareness program VIRTUS.
– All parents of minors that participate in any activity associated with the Catholic Church are offered VIRTUS training.
Official Policies and Procedures
Policy and Procedures for the Protection of Minors
Note: This document has been revised and the new version is standard and publicly available as of September 05, 2019.
Cover letter regarding the 2019 update: click to read or download
Policy in English: Click to read or download
Index of required forms: Click to read or download
Conviction Matrix for Employees and Volunteers: Click to read or download
Safe Environment Forms
- Roadmap for Audit Success
- Troubleshooting Training Reports
- Law Enforcement Contacts for Reporting Abuse
- Compliance Evaluations for Parishes – Cover Letter
- Compliance Evaluation for Parishes
- Master Record for Tracking Requirements (Instructions)
- Master Record for Tracking Requirements (Form)
Approved Social Media Sites for Use in Ministry and Communication:
Social Media Sites NOT Approved for Use in Ministry and Communication:
- Tik Tok